Come Run the Valley with us!
The White Mountain Milers is a non-profit club, founded May 18, 1985, dedicated to running, walking, general fitness and community service. We promote fitness education, running and walking events in the greater Mount Washington Valley of New Hampshire. We’re involved in numerous community service activities. The Milers are a friendly social group and we welcome both beginners and veterans to any and all of our many activities.
Membership fees for the Milers is pretty cheap- $10 for students, $15 for individual, $20 for family. Membership renewal is always by calendar year so you need to renew again every January. In 2016 we raised almost $20,000 for local causes, including funds to support the Kennett Track and Cross Country Teams, Tin Mountain Conservation Center, local Olympian Sean Doherty as well as our Gretchen B Hatch Scholarship Fund.
So, you might be asking, what do I get for my membership fee?
The Milers Membership Fee has one primary focus- to cover the cost of our race insurance and the cost of permit fees for our Summer Series at Whitaker Woods. We don’t use the club membership fee as a revenue source, it’s just to cover those insurance costs- insurance without which we would not be able to host our events throughout the year. Below you will find a list Miler Sponsors who are offering discount specials to White Mountain Miler Members.
If you attend any of our events please consider becoming a club member. Our ability to host events depends on it.
For over 25 years we have performed a vital role in the community. Some of our past & present activities include:
SPONSORED RACES & EVENTS
- Running Start 5 Mile Road Race for Women
- Dirty Girl Trail Race
- Jackson Covered Bridge 10K
- Mud Muck Moose 5 Mile Trail Race
- White Mountain Milers Half Marathon
- Mt. Cranmore Hill Climb (4 Time Host of the USA Mountain Championship)
- Summer Trail Race Series at Whitaker Woods
- Turkey Raffle Relay
- Summer Speed Workouts at Kennett High School
- Albany Breakfast Runs
- New Year’s Run
- Corn Cob Run for Kennett & Fryeburg XC Teams
- Lambless Jam Labor Day Run
- Zucchini Run/I’ll Be Dipped
- Kids’ “I Did It” Fun Runs
- Sidehiller and Massabesic Snowshoe Races
- Stark Trek 10K Road Race
- Loon Mountain Race
COMMUNITY SERVICE INVOLVEMENTS
- Gretchen B Hatch Memorial Scholarship fund awarded to local high school seniors. More than $100,000 has been awarded since 1990!!
- Beginning Runner/Walking Clinics
- Purchase of uniforms and equipment for Kennett Track/XC Teams($1000 Annual Donation to Kennett High Teams)
- Sponsorship of Coaching Position and Busing for Kennett JV XC Team
- Bone Marrow Donor Registration Program, 1999 Milers Half Marathon
- Supporter of US Mountain Running Team
- Adopt a Highway clean-up program, River Road, North Conway.
- Donation of Picnic Tables to the Eaton Picnic Area at Crystal Lake
- Sponsorship of Division II coaching training for Bernie Livingston KHS XC and Track coach
- Sponsorship of FAST Camp, Focused, Accelerated, Summer Training Camp with Coach Tim Livingston
SOME OF THE ORGANIZATIONS IN THE VALLEY WHO HAVE BEEN BENEFACTORS OF MILER EVENTS OR LOANING OF EQUIPMENT
- Children Unlimited
- Conway Coop pre-school
- Miss Teen Mt. Washington Contest
- Jackson Grammar School & playground fund
- Bartlett Ambulance
- East Conway Fire Department
- Kennett XC running and Ski Teams
- Kennett Track Teams
- White Mountain Community Health Center
- Project Succeed
- The Sharp House Women’s Shelter
- North Conway Community Center
- Conway Recreation Center
- Madison PTO and Before and After School Programs
- Freedom Old Home Week
- The Laura Mahoney Foundation
- Kismet Rock Foundation
- John Fuller Elementary School
- Pine Tree Elementary School
- Ossipee Old Home Week
- Eaton Village Preservation Society
- Jackson Ski Touring Foundation
- Mount Washington Valley Ski Touring Center
- Gary Millen Foundation
- Cook Memorial Library, Tamworth
- Mount Washington Valley Skating Club
By joining the Milers, you are not only supporting running and walking in the Valley, you are also supporting the community.
These wonderful companies listed below are happy to work with members of the White Mountain Milers. Please let them know you are a Miler and thank them with your patronage and enjoy club benefits.
Jenny Burkett of the Salon–15% Discount on all Hair Services Contact Jenny at 760-310-6088
Donna Cormier Therapeutic Massage--15% Discount on all Massage Services.
Stan and Dan Sports–See Stan and Dan’s for a Discount on your new Hoka Shoes.